Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sewing with kids-Christmas gift for teacher

My 5 year old daughter wanted to make the Christmas tree garland for her teacher. I thought it was a great idea but was totally garlanded out from making 5 of them so I told her she could sew them herself. She of course was thrilled since we haven't been doing too much sewing lately.

I let her do all the tree sewing and turning and stuffing. I sewed up the trunks since they were tiny but she turned them right side in and did all the trimming. She also picked which trunks to go with which trees and what order to sew them on the garland.

For full directions on how to make them click here.

Here is her version.
 Then we packaged them up in a paper bag she decorated herself and a card she made.
 I added pictures of her sewing the garland for her teacher to see.
Her last day of school before the break is tomorrow. She is putting the gift in her bag as I am typing this. Kinda last minute, but it is done and Corduroy is so excited to give it to her!

And here is another tip in case you don't have a small table for your kids to sew on. (Or you are too lazy to bring the one you have back upstairs for your kids like me)

Just put a box under your table and place the foot on it. Works great!

No comments: