Friday, September 23, 2011

The Owie Doll

Last week one of my friends daughters had surgery. It didn't end up being a simple surgery and she had a lot more things done to her than her parents anticipated. This sweet little girl gets surgery on her legs at least once a year. And she is such a trooper through it all. The sweetest cutest little girl I have ever met and such an inspiration to all that know her.

While she was in the hospital my daughters and I went to work on making her an owie doll and then we got to deliver it to her after she came home. I had my daughters bring their own dolls to show her all the different pieces and how they went with the doll. It was so fun to see them all playing together and to watch them give to someone else something that they had helped to make.

My 3 year old actually made about a million different things for the doll. She just kept cutting and "sewing" up fabric scraps and then handing them to me telling me to add them to the pile for her friend.

These dolls are nothing new. They came out a couple years ago by IKAT. She made an amazing pattern that I couldn't not buy.(you can find the pattern on her side bar) Right away I made 2 dolls for my little girls and had dreams of making lots of them for sick kids in hospitals in the future.

Well, that never happened but I am glad that I was finally able to make one for a little girl to enjoy.

Read about the 1st time I made them here.

1 comment:

Misty said...

:-) L LOVED and still loves it! Thanks so much for making it for her...and of course a thank you to your cute little girls for helping!