Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Owie Dolls





I saw these adorable dolls a few months ago and have been showing them to everyone cause I loved them so. I was way too cheap to buy them though. And then the maker, Ikat, came out with a promise of a pattern. So I checked back faithfully and was finally rewarded with a pattern for sale. I broke down and bought it. My kids are going to have a dr. for a daddy after all. They would surely benefit from this doll, right?

I haven't made everything there is to make for them yet. I am not sure how she actually made the band-aids, they are miniscule. My girls have been playing with them everyday though. I hide them and they find them. And I only hide them because I don't want them to get ruined before I have even finished all the parts that go with them. But I guess they don't care. These are my pictures of what I have done so far. I made an Ady(short pigtails) and Corduroy (braids), although this is no longer accurate because she cut her hair, (click here for pics).

And to see what the dolls can be in all their glory, click here to see the ones that Ikat made. they are amazing!

I did switch up the pattern a bit on my part. To make it a little easier on me. Like I stuffed the legs first and then sewed them on. On less place to hand stitch. I did a few other things I was going to take note of and put on here but I forgot. Oh well. I think good patterns are like a good recipe. They change a little with each person to fit their style, taste and needs and levels of sewing.

1 comment:

KristiB said...

So cute! You are super talented. Nice work.