Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sewing with Kids Slacker Style- Draping

You may have noticed that I seem to have disappeared from posting actual craft type things. There is good reason for this:


Besides a 2 week vacation and going into an after SYTYC coma, this little person is the MAIN reason. She gets into EVERYTHING!
Yesterday, the girls were dying to sew something so we tried, and I spent most of my time pulling scissors and pins out of her mouth. See how unhappy she is? She doesn't like getting in trouble. 

So for those days when you can't actually do anything cause you are too busy with baby control, try the draping activity. 

Give the older kids a dress form (stuffed doll or animal would work), some fabric and pins and let them go to town while you sit back and play with the cute baby. 


Hours of entertainment. Maybe just 10 minutes, but it felt like hours cause they were silent!

And I do have stuff to post. I promise. I have just been a slacker lately. Not really, just busy playing with the kids and not turning on my computer!

No comments: