Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

This year I wanted to do something fun on Dr. Seuss day. All the kids at school get to and so I guess I was feeling a little left out.

First I rounded up all our books and was disappointed to see that we only have a handful. He wrote over 40!

Next I scoured the web looking for fun ideas. I found lots of things for older kids and a few things for the younger crowd. I printed off a quiz from here.

And I plan on making these hats at some point. If I can get my energy up. (I hear you calling me DP).

We went to the library yesterday and checked out some Dr. Seuss books and Horton Hears a Who video. PBS is also doing a Cat in the Hat marathon today. 

My energy is spent from making our own little Dr. Seuss lunch. It was so worth it!

We had green egg salad, with a fruit salad. I just used strawberries and blueberries for the color. Let me know if you think of a fun name for it.


For drinks I made Pink Ink Drink
This is just pink lemonade mixed with Sprite.

And for dessert I made Who pudding (normal chocolate pudding) and Thing 1 and Thing 2 Cupcakes.

Cupcakes inspiration from here. Hers are way cuter. I am no decorator. I don't even own any frosting tips. To make my cupcakes I put red dye in my yellow cake mix. For the frosting I made butter cream frosting, recipe on the powdered sugar package, dyed it blue and then stuffed it in a Ziploc bag, cut the tip, and squeezed it on top.
For the signs, I cut out circles from card stock, wrote on them, taped a toothpick on the back and stuck them in the cupcakes.

For some really great recipes (like this one)visit Seussville.com.

The girls had fun!



 I read to them while they were eating.


Their silly faces:



1 comment:

Tasha Christensen said...

Becky youa re so dange cute. Love all the fun colors, and your creativity. I also love the silly static-y cute blonde girls, they are crazy adorable!!