Thursday, May 23, 2013

Teacher Gift

I love the idea of using chalkboard paint for teachers gifts since it goes with the whole teacher thing, ya know. For my preschoolers teachers I painted small pots and put some flowers in them.  Then she got to write her name on them and hand them to her teacher. No pictures since those were made at midnight the night before and the morning of I was up at the crack of dawn having a garage sale while my husband took the kids to school.

Luckily this tray didn't sell in that sale so that I could re-purpose it. Nice thing about collecting stuff is that you don't have to run to the store for things like end of the year teacher gifts. So I painted my cute Melissa and Doug pizza tray (do you guys keep the trays, cute but take up way too much space) with chalkboard paint, had my 1st grader write on it and then filled it with stuff I had at home.

 I took paper clips I had and glued buttons on them. And I printed out some personalized note cards courtesy of my Heather Ross book. Love that thing!

No comments: