Friday, October 7, 2011

Halloween Costumes day 7- Hello Kitty

My oldest picked Hello Kitty last year and in the spirit of trying to make super simple and quick costumes (mainly because they decided what to be the night before) I used the little bad wolf pattern to make her kitty hat. I made sure to put the bow on the correct ear because apparently Hello Kitty has a twin named Mimi and she wears her bow in the other ear.

I made some mittens for her and she wore white tights and a white long sleeved shirt.
A simple Hello Kitty type dress finished off the outfit.

She wore this outfit at our church's trunk or treat. No one guessed who she was. She didn't seem to pleased about this and when we went trick or treating at dad's work a few nights later she decided to be Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz. She already had ruby red slippers and a long blue dress with a basket and a little dog sitting in it. I put her hair in braids. 2 other friends were the exact same thing that year and when they saw her, them all decked out in the store bought sparkly Dorthy outfit, asked her what she was. Corduroy again was devastated and whispered in my ear, "I even have braids in my hair and they don't"

So on the actual Halloween night, she went back to her standard Corduroy the Bear outfit. I dressed the baby in little red riding hood and put some wolf ears on my head and wore a brown sweater. My husband also wore a brown sweater, his standard color. Middle girl was still Rapunzel. She fell asleep on daddy's shoulder and baby was back at home with the grandparents. One of the houses commented on how cute we were as Goldilocks and the 3 bears. Corduroy turned around and stormed off quietly and didn't say much the rest of the night. Poor girl. I am going to have to work on my "simple" costumes cause they aren't doing the job.

No comments: