Sunday, October 2, 2011

Costume Week Day 2- Little Red Riding Hood

So these have been seen and seen again by those who have been following my blog for awhile, but I picked up some new readers after doing SYTYC and am hoping that the new readers won't be sick of seeing the costumes I have made in the past.

These are by far my favorite costumes I have made. They are just so quick and simple.

 The dresses I made from a pattern on Etsy. Cute pattern but I had to tweak it a lot because of the fit around the neck and arms.

The pattern is simple and cape patterns are all over the web. I added the button closure for the little babies so they wouldn't rip off the ribbon closure.

Littler Red Riding Hood
I also added a leaf border around the whole cape for a little extra detailing.

And of course I couldn't leave out any boys out there so I made a wolf hat to make the storybook tale complete.
The Little Bad Wolf

For the wolf I basically used the same pattern from my capes but I rounded the head and added ears. I sewed the front and back of the ears to make them stand up. And all the wolf hats had buttons cause I figured a ribbon would have been too girly for that bad wolf.

No comments: