Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 5 Handmade Christmas Tree

Woodland creatures can now be found beneath the tree. I used coloring pages for the shapes of these as well. I made a rabbit, skunk, squirrel, hedgehog and...
Frosty! He ended up being a little top heavy as you can see in the picture. He is falling forward. I took his hat off so you could actually see his face. I didn't get a chance to sew anymore velcro tabs on to hold him up. My kids thought eating was more important that fixing the snowman. We are just pretending he is melting over here. All of his parts velcro on and off. The buttons, eyes, nose and mouth. And of course the hat. My daughter thought it would be funny to put his nose where his eyes were, so velcro tabs were added. And I wanted him to look just like the frosty she envisions in her mind so I had her tell me exactly how to make him. Maybe next year he will get a broom and a scarf.

No comments: