Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 4 Handmade Christmas Tree

 We are excited to have a white Christmas in our new home so our tree needed some snowflakes.
 I printed out coloring pages of snowflakes and used them as a pattern. I used white felt on one side and blue on the other. During the day when/if the sun is shining through the window the blue on the back of the snowflakes shows through and it is so pretty. Of course today was not a day this happened because it was snowing outside as well as inside.
 The new ornaments are vintage shape inspired and a few birds. No detail added. I was just happy to get them finished and up! I put my oldest daughter to work trimming the snowflakes while I sewed on the millions of velcro tabs to the curtain and the youngest two were sleeping.

No comments: