Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Advent Calendar

This year I decided to make an advent calendar since there are always so many fun things I want to do with the kids throughout the month.
Of course I decided to do this about a day before October 1st and spent so much time cutting paper, covering clothespins, stamping and sticking #'s onto the cardstock cut outs that it was October by the time I finished and by the time they were hung it was time to jump into festivities and I never got around to actually printing off any of the fun things to do to clip onto the clothespins.
So far our festivities have included celebrating a couple birthdays in the family, seeing a ballet (I know these have nothing to do with Halloween but they were fun), and then we jumped more into Halloween with decorating the house, decorating invites for our annual Witch and Warlock Tea Party, making fall treats, and future activities will include lots of parties, a visit to the pumpkin patch, painting acorns, and making ghosts out of things like milk jugs and cheesecloth.
The advent calendar was easy. I mod podged cardstock onto the clothespins, cut out Halloween shapes and stamped some or used stickers on some, and then added magnets to the back to hang them on my fridge.

No comments: