Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 2 of my Handmade Christmas Tree-Ornaments

After I had my tree all sewn together and hung I cut out lots of ornaments and pinned them to the tree.



I wanted to get an idea of where I wanted them all placed so I knew where to stick my velcro. I also pinned up my garland, which was just one long piece of candy cane stripped ribbon.

 Then I took down the ornaments and went about sewing them up. I am not that good at hand embroidery. I stink at it. So instead of trying to detail a million ornaments with crappy embroidery, I just sewed a few designs on them with my machine. I also sewed a piece of velcro on the back of all the ornaments. Then I stuffed them and closed them up with a blanket stitch I did do by hand.
Next I sewed velcro to the curtain where I wanted all my ornaments to hang. These ones will hang from each branch.

So far only 12 are completed. We will see if anymore get finished before Christmas...

No comments: